Learn. Lobby. Lead. Report on Annual Meeting 2017
Hundreds of Friends came together from across the country for worship, listening, advocacy, and community, as we looked forward to the next 75 years for FCNL.
We spent Thursday and Friday lobbying for a faithful budget. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were times for worship and community. FCNL's governors met to approve members of our General Committee, set the budget, and lay out plans for the future of FCNL through our forward plan and 75th anniversary.
We have no small plans for FCNL. -Diane Randall
- Diane Randall gave a message on the future of FCNL, presenting a prophetic vision for our next five years.
- Rep. Keith Ellison accepted the Snyder award for his work for peace and welcome.
- Sister Simone Campbell challenged us to confront economic injustice.
- Amelia Kegan brought down the house, reminding us that "this is not a skippable moment."
- Anthony Wier laid out the case against increasing Pentagon spending.
75th Anniversary Kickoff
How you can participate:
- Visit fcnl.org/75years to get a look at our work over the years.
- Help get 75 new meetings and churches to take part in the priorities process in the coming year (responses due April 13, 2018).
- Mark your calendar now for the Executive Committee meeting on May 10-12, 2018 in Richmond, Indiana.
- Think about your story – what FCNL means and has meant to you, what you’re excited about going forward – and share it with other people in your community over the coming year. Maybe show them the video. And also share with Alicia: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Capital Campaign Close
In addition to looking back at FCNL's nearly 75-year history, we celebrated the successful close of the World We Seek: Now Is the Time capital campaign. We're already seeing the fruits of the campaign with the opening of the Quaker Welcome Center, and the growth of Spring Lobby Weekend.