More than 400 Quakers and friends came together from across the country to engage in worship, listening, and advocacy as we lobbied together to end endless war!
We spent Thursday and Friday lobbying Congress to take the first step towards ending endless war by repealing the 2002 Iraq Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF). Saturday and Sunday were times for worship and community. FCNL’s governors met to approve members of our General Committee, set FCNL’s budget, update “The World We Seek” policy document, and lay out plans for advocacy work in the next year.
- Participants in our Quaker Public Policy Institute went on 227 lobby visits, representing 44 states.
- Diana Ohlbaum brought down the house, reminding us that, “together we have the power to change the world, to heal the world, and to achieve the culture of peace that is our highest calling.”
- We awarded the Edward F. Snyder Award to Rep. Ann Wagner (MO-02) for her leadership on genocide and atrocities prevention.
- Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (NY) joined members of FCNL’s Advocacy Teams to announce her new War Powers Reform Resolution.
Speeches and Remarks
Young Fellow Speeches
Save the Date and Plan to Join Us Next Time
- November 12-15, 2020, at the Washington Court Hotel.
- Nov 18-21, 2021
- Nov 17-20, 2022