Annual Meeting and Quaker Public Policy Institute 2020
Online | November 14-17, 2020
Be a part of Quaker advocacy that calls us to come together in Fierce Love as we work towards peace and justice. Join FCNL November 14-17, 2020 for Annual Meeting and the Quaker Public Policy Institute online!
In order to lobby while Congress is in session, this year’s Quaker Public Policy Institute will take place Monday, November 16-Tuesday, November 17.
Join us to:
- Gather in virtual community, just weeks after the 2020 election, to chart our advocacy course for the coming year.
- Reaffirm and act on our commitment to justice, equity, and inclusion.
- Lobby your members of Congress.
- Come together in worship, laughter, and resolve.
Quaker advocacy has never been more important. We hope you’ll be part of it this November. Register now.
Overview of Events:
How will we meet?
In a time when we must practice social distancing to protect the well-being of our neighbors, we are finding creative, new ways to connect. That’s why—for the first time ever—Annual Meeting and Quaker Public Policy Institute is moving online!
Sessions will be held through the Zoom platform. Participants can join by video or phone.
We will share more information about the technology and provide training as the event gets closer.
If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Annie Chiorazzi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can join?
We expect hundreds of Friends and advocates who share our values to take part in our first-ever virtual Annual Meeting and Quaker Public Policy Institute. Participants will include members of FCNL’s governing General Committee, members of our Advocacy Teams, and other supporters from across the country. All are welcome!
What is the cost?
We ask that you pay as you are led to attend Annual Meeting and the Quaker Public Policy Institute, keeping in mind your expected participation, your available resources, and the value of this event to you. We suggest a registration fee of $75 for the full event or $50 for the Quaker Public Policy Institute only, knowing some may be able to contribute more and some less or nothing at all.
While a virtual meeting is less costly than an in-person gathering, it still takes significant resources to organize this event and adapt it to an online format. The financial support we can offer one another continues to be essential. We trust that each person will contribute as they are led and able to support the FCNL community.
Especially in this extraordinary year, we understand that some Friends may be unable to pay anything to attend. The event is still open to you. Nobody is required to pay or asked to apply for financial assistance this year. Registration is free for the Advocacy Team Summit, which will take place on Friday, November 13.
What will we lobby on?
Each year we select a different issue, based on where your voice can make the most difference at that time. We plan on announcing this year’s lobby topic in July—check back here for updates.
What is the meeting schedule?
We know participants will be joining from many different time zones. We expect most events will take place between 12-6pm Eastern time. We will share more specific schedule information as it is available. Schedule by day:
- Before the meeting starts, on Friday, November 13, Advocacy Teams will gather virtually for an Advocacy Teams Summit. Meet other team members from across the country. Join us for this annual reunion!
- On Saturday, November 14, General Committee members will consider FCNL business, with alternative programming available for those not serving on the board. There will also be programming focused on creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive community.
- Sunday, November 15, includes final business sessions and gathered worship. Alternative programming will be available for those not participating in business sessions.
- Monday, November 16, will focus on learning about the issue you’ll be lobbying on and planning your visit with others from your congressional district and state.
- Tuesday, November 17 is when lobby visits will take place and we will hold closing programming for the 2020 Annual Meeting and Quaker Public Policy Institute.
Can I just take part in the lobbying?
Yes! Register for the Quaker Public Policy Institute to participate just for lobbying on Monday and Tuesday. (If you will be at the event for the entire 4 days, please register for Annual Meeting. That registration includes the lobbying as well as Quaker business sessions and workshops on Saturday and Sunday). You can also register just for the Advocacy Teams Summit, which is free of charge.
Save the Dates for future meetings
- Nov 18-21, 2021
- Nov 17-20, 2022
Visit our FAQ page.
See answers to more questions, or contact: