- Advocacy Resource
Advocacy Corps Toolkit
Resource Page for Advocacy Corps Organizers
Welcome Advocacy Corps! This year you will be working to organize your local communities around immigration reform. Here are the tools you need:
Before a Visit (Training and Preparation)
- Storytelling Worksheet
- Finding a Time for Your Group to Do a Lobby Visit - Doodle
- Find Staffer Emails for Scheduling a Visit
- More Detailed Source for Staffer Emails
- Lobby Visit Roadmap
- Dream and Promise Act Leave-behind
After a Visit (Follow-Up and Reporting)
- View Overall Progress
- Media Deliverables
- How To Write an LTE (RAFT Principles)
- Individual AC Resources Folders
- Check-in document found here!
Topic Related Information
Votes and Policy Text:
- Full bill text for the Dream and Promise Act (H.R. 6)
- List of House co-sponsors of the Dream and Promise Act
- List of Senate co-sponsors of the Dream and Promise Act
- Did your representative vote for or against passage of the Dream and Promise Act?
- Immigration Forum bill summary
- National Immigration Law Center bill summary
- How does H.R.6 compare to the Senate Dream Act of 2019?
Additional Reading and Resources:
- What is DED (Deferred Enforced Departure)?
- What is TPS (Temporary Protected Status)?
- A Portrait of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Recipients (United We Dream)
- Infographics: Dreamer and TPS Recipient Contributions (Immigration Forum)
- United We Dream Mental Health Toolkit
- Statements from Faith Leaders on Dream and Promise
- Statements from Business Leaders on protections for Dreamers
- “They Didn’t Know We Were Seeds” - Speech by Greisa Martinez Rosas at FCNL Spring Lobby Weekend 2016
- "Migration is a part of life. And US climate choices impact the world."
- Language to Avoid and Language to Use when Discussing the Southern Border