Welcome Advocacy Corps! This year you will be working to organize your local communities around immigration reform. This page contains all the tools you’ll need.
Before a Visit (Training and Preparation)
- Storytelling Worksheet
- Finding a Time for Your Group to Do a Lobby Visit - Doodle
- Find Staffer Emails for Scheduling a Visit
- More Detailed Source for Staffer Emails
- Lobby Visit Roadmap
- Dream and Promise Act Leave-behind
After a Visit (Follow-Up and Reporting)
- View Overall Progress
- Media Deliverables
- How To Write an LTE (RAFT Principles)
- Individual AC Resources Folders
- Check-in document found here!
Topic Related Information
Votes and Policy Text:
- Full bill text for the Dream and Promise Act (H.R. 6)
- List of House co-sponsors of the Dream and Promise Act
- List of Senate co-sponsors of the Dream and Promise Act
- Did your representative vote for or against passage of the Dream and Promise Act?
- Immigration Forum bill summary
- National Immigration Law Center bill summary
- How does H.R.6 compare to the Senate Dream Act of 2019?
Additional Reading and Resources:
- What is DED (Deferred Enforced Departure)?
- What is TPS (Temporary Protected Status)?
- A Portrait of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Recipients (United We Dream)
- Infographics: Dreamer and TPS Recipient Contributions (Immigration Forum)
- United We Dream Mental Health Toolkit
- Statements from Faith Leaders on Dream and Promise
- Statements from Business Leaders on protections for Dreamers
- “They Didn’t Know We Were Seeds”
Join our email list!
Quakers and Friends are changing public policy.