FCNL’s summer internship experience is ideal for people ages 18-23, but some older participants have found it to be meaningful as well. Experiences vary depending on what projects are going on at the FCNL office. Participants should arrive expecting to engage in a variety of tasks. Past summer intern projects have included:
- Researching and consolidating information about members of Congress
- Assembling mailings to donors
- Creating an alumni directory of past participants of FCNL’s young adult programs
- Drafting action alerts
- Phone banking for FCNL events
- Conducting a comprehensive survey of Quaker meetings
- Coordinating a letter to the editor campaign
- Working with FCNL’s constituent database
Interns are also encouraged to seek out and attend virtual forums at think tanks, congressional briefings, coalition meetings, and other networking events (about 1 or 2 each week).
Applications are due on March 26, 2021. Click here to apply.
A completed application will include:
- An application form.
- Resume (including education, work, extracurricular, and volunteer experience).
- One letter of recommendation from a reference. Letters are due on the day that applications are due, March 26, 2021. No exceptions will be made for late letters.
Please send letters to: email@example.com
FCNL seeks to create a diverse workplace. We are actively soliciting applicants from different ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.