FCNL is composed of two distinct organizations: the Friends Committee on National Legislation, a lobbying organization; and the FCNL Education Fund, a charitable organization. Both are nonpartisan, in the public interest, and governed by members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Friends Committee on National Legislation
FCNL is governed by a General Committee of approximately 180 Friends, the majority of whom have been appointed by 26 Yearly Meetings and seven national Friends’ organizations. FCNL is a 501(c)4 organization, and gifts are not tax-deductible.
The General Committee meets each November to conduct business at FCNL’s Annual Meeting. The executive and standing committees oversee the program and administration of FCNL between Annual Meetings.
Executive Committee Members
- Ron Ferguson, Clerk (Chairperson)
- Mary Lou Hatcher, Asst. Clerk
- Abigail Adams, Recording Clerk
- Scott Duncan, Treasurer
- Lynn Oberfield, Personnel Clerk
- Doug McCown, Development Clerk
- Megan Fair, Field Clerk
- Ebby Luvaga, Policy Clerk
- Jonathan Brown, Finance Clerk
- Kathy Guthrie, Nominating Clerk
- Jane Hiles, Annual Meeting Planning Clerk
- Lauren Brownlee, At Large, FCNL
- Diane Randall, FCNL Executive Secretary
FCNL Education Fund
The FCNL Education Fund is a 501(c)3 organization that exists in parallel with FCNL to support the research, analysis and education for which FCNL is known and respected. Gifts are tax-deductible. It is governed by a board appointed by FCNL’s Executive Committee.
Education Fund Executive Committee Members
Ron Ferguson, Clerk (Chairperson)
Mary Lou Hatcher, Assistant Clerk
Abigail Adams, Recording Clerk
Rebecca Way Bergus, Ed Fund Treasurer
Ernie Buscemi, At Large, Ed Fund
Diane Randall, FCNL Executive Secretary
Join our email list!
Quakers and Friends are changing public policy.