- Work with FCNL
Young Fellows Program
Apply by February 12, 2018
Recent college graduates spend 11 months working with key staff members at FCNL to build expertise in advocacy from a public interest perspective. Applications are due February 12, 2018 for the program beginning in August 2018.
Download a flyer
The program is full-time and paid a salary at the DC living wage standard with benefits. Fellows work under the title “program assistant” and work directly with FCNL lobbyists and other senior staff, gaining first-hand knowledge of the legislative process and the organizing and communications work that is necessary for policy change.
Young fellows work full-time from late August through the end of the following July.
The program offers opportunities for:
- Advocacy: Lobby Congress and build grassroots campaigns to encourage constituents and members of Congress to take action by providing them with information on critical issues.
- Research: Attend congressional committee hearings and coalition meetings and analyze documents and reports.
- Communications: Draft action alerts, letters, and background reports to keep constituents informed and to express FCNL's position to Congress and the administration.
- Outreach: Help build democracy by organizing campaigns and workshops that empower people around the country to engage with elected officials in Washington.
Application coming soon! A completed application will include:
- An application form
- Transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution from which you hold a degree. (Transcripts may be unofficial. FCNL may ask for an official transcript at a later date.)
- Resume (including education, work, extracurricular, and volunteer experience)
- Three references.
- A letter of recommendation from each of your references
Salary and Benefits
Salary covers basic living expenses for the Washington, DC area. Benefits include fully paid health coverage, paid vacation and sick leave, and a public transportation or biking stipend. Program assistants are responsible for making their own housing arrangements.
For more information, contact Katie Breslin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
FCNL seeks to create a diverse workplace. We are actively soliciting applicants from different ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.