- Immigrants & Refugees
Speaking Truth to Power: A Faithful Response to U.S. Detention and Asylum Policies
July 23 at 3:00 p.m. | Webinar
The Trump administration's asylum policies have vastly reduced the number of asylum seekers accepted into the United States and forced many asylum seekers to wait for months in exceedingly dangerous situations while their cases are processed through U.S. courts.
Meanwhile, U.S. detention policies have led to the deaths of more than twenty people detained in detention centers and the separation of thousands of families. These policies are inhumane and go directly against our call to love and care for our neighbors.
Hannah Evans, FCNL's legislative representative for immigration and refugee policy, will join interfaith partners for a timely webinar to learn more about our migrant neighbors, why they are seeking asylum, and how we can advocate on behalf of refugees and asylum seekers.
Speakers will discuss the ways in which people of faith are speaking out in opposition to unjust U.S. government policies and what you can do to get involved!
- Daniella Burgi-Palomi, Senior Associate, Latin America Working Group
- Hannah Graf Evans, Legislative Representative, Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Ruth Noel, Activist Council Member, Presbyterian Peace Fellowship
- Emily Sutphin, Summer International Policy Intern, Presbyterian Church (USA) Office of Public Witness
- Moderated by Catherine Gordon, Representative for International Issues, Presbyterian Church (USA) Office of Public Witness
Sponsored by the Presbyterian Church (USA) Office of Public Witness.