Prophetic. Persistent. Powerful. Annual Meeting 2018
Hundreds of Friends came together from across the country for worship, listening, advocacy, and community, as we looked forward to the next 75 years for FCNL.
Save the Date for Annual Meeting 2019
November 14-17, 2019
We spent Thursday and Friday lobbying to protect SNAP, America’s most effective anti-hunger program, from cuts that could devastate the 40 million Americans who rely on this vital program when times are hard. Saturday and Sunday were times for worship and community. FCNL's governors met to approve members of our General Committee, set the budget, discern legislative priorities, and lay out plans for advocacy work in the next year.
Photos from Annual Meeting
Check out the best moments from Annual Meeting 2018: Prophetic. Persistent. Powerful.See Photos
- Participants in our Quaker Public Policy Institute went on 193 lobby visits, representing 45 states and met with 39 Members of Congress.
- Our General Committee approved FCNL's budget for the coming year.
- Diane Randall encouraged us to come together in love and truth, and to go forward to take actions that will lead to the world we seek, emboldened by the Finnish concept of "sisu," a sense of stoic determination, tenacity of purpose, and grit that exemplifies the work we do.
- We awarded the Edward F. Snyder Award to Rep. Ro Khanna (CA-17) for his courageous work to prevent war with North Korea, end U.S. support for the Saudi-led war in Yemen and strengthen U.S. diplomacy abroad.
- Amelia Kegan brought down the house, reminding us that "when courageous action is required, God calls on ordinary people to accomplish the extraordinary."
- Ruth Flower shared lessons learned from video games, hurricanes and random conversations.