There are many ways to make a gift to FCNL. Take a look at some of the options designed to help you to achieve different goals, and feel free to contact us with questions.
Goal: Make an important impact to FCNL that doesn’t cost you anything during your lifetime, but that is priceless as part of the legacy that you leave behind.
- Strategy: Include a gift from your will or trust (cash, specific property, or a share of the estate).
- Benefits: A great way to provide resources that help FCNL maintain our traditions.
Goal: Avoid capital gains liability and take an income tax deduction.
- Strategy: Use appreciated property instead of cash to make your gift.
- Benefits: Buy low and give high—while avoiding capital gains tax.
Goal: Leave more of your estate to your heirs.
- Strategy: Name FCNL as beneficiary of your retirement plan, and leave less-taxed assets to family.
- Benefits: Eliminate income tax on retirement plan assets, and free up other property to pass to your heirs.
Goal: Continue to receive benefits back from the assets you give to FCNL Education Fund — and thus multiply your gift.
Goal: Reduce high tax liability now; gain additional income later.
- Strategy: Establish a deferred gift annuity.
- Benefits: Receive a larger deduction and a higher income rate than an immediate payment annuity.
Goal: Create a long-term gift that won’t draw funds from your estate.
- Strategy: Create a new life insurance policy, or donate a paid-up policy of coverage you no longer need.
- Benefits: Increase your ability to make a significant gift to FCNL Education Fund.
Goal: Reduce gift and estate taxes and leave more of your assets to your heirs.
- Strategy: Create a charitable lead trust to pay income to FCNL Education Fund for a fixed time, then pay the remainder to your heirs.
- Benefits: Reduce gift and estate taxes, and freeze the taxable value of growing assets before they pass to your family.
Goal: Reduce gift and estate taxes, and freeze the taxable value of growing assets before they pass to your family.
Strategy: Use real estate to make your gift to FCNL Education Fund.
Benefits: Avoid capital gains tax, receive an income tax deduction — and have the option of a gift that doesn’t affect your lifestyle.
The material presented on this Planned Giving website is not offered as legal or tax advice. Read full disclaimer.