FCNL’s Kevin Snow, and FCNL alum Elizabeth Beavers, will be featured speakers on a webinar hosted by the Interfaith Working Group on Drone Warfare.
Many of us are familiar with the human cost of drone strikes, including effects on countries where strikes occur and the implications for U.S. military service members. As we continue to explore the ethical, legal, and theological considerations raised by the expanded use of drone warfare, panelists will discuss how the faith community is engaging in ongoing advocacy on Capitol Hill. They will share opportunities for grassroots organizing and advocacy, and practical tips for getting engaged on this issue.
- Adotei Akwei, Chief Membership Collaborations Officer at Amnesty International USA
- Elizabeth Beavers, Strategist and Consultant for Peace & Security Advocacy
- Kevin Snow, Program Assistant for Militarism and Human Rights at the Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Moderator: Holly Metcalf , Director for Peace with Justice at The United Methodist Church, General Board of Church and Society
- Moderator: Nathan Hosler, Director of the Office of Peacebuilding and Policy for the Church of the Brethren