- Work with FCNL
Young Fellows Program
Application Deadline: February 17, 2020.
Recent college graduates spend 11 months working with key staff members at FCNL to build expertise in advocacy from a public interest perspective. Applications are due February 17, 2020 for the program beginning in August 2020.
Download a flyer
The program is full-time and paid a salary at the D.C. living wage standard with benefits. Fellows work under the title “program assistant” and work directly with FCNL lobbyists and other senior staff, gaining first-hand knowledge of the legislative process and the organizing and communications work that is necessary for policy change.
Young fellows work full-time from late August through the end of the following July.
The program offers opportunities for:
- Advocacy: Lobby Congress and build grassroots campaigns to encourage constituents and members of Congress to take action by providing them with information on critical issues.
- Research: Attend congressional committee hearings and coalition meetings and analyze documents and reports.
- Communications: Draft action alerts, letters, and background reports to keep constituents informed and to express FCNL's position to Congress and the administration.
- Outreach: Help build democracy by organizing campaigns and workshops that empower people around the country to engage with elected officials in Washington.
Fill out the application form here. A completed application will include:
- An application form.
- Transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution from which you hold a degree. (Transcripts may be unofficial. FCNL may ask for an official transcript at a later date.)
- Resume. (including education, work, extracurricular, and volunteer experience)
- A cover letter.
- 2 letters of recommendation.
Salary and Benefits
Salary covers basic living expenses for the Washington, D.C. area. Benefits include fully paid health coverage, paid vacation and sick leave, and a public transportation or biking stipend. Program assistants are responsible for making their own housing arrangements.
FCNL seeks to create a diverse workplace. We are actively soliciting applicants from different ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.