- Economic Justice
Proposed Rule Changes and Regulatory Attacks
Watch the Recording
On June 18, Amelia Keagan, FCNL's legislative director for domestic policy, joined partners from the Interreligious Working Group on Domestic Human Needs for a special briefing.
They discussed how the Trump administration is using the regulatory process to implement a harmful agenda that targets vulnerable communities, immigrants, and people of color.
- Hear in-depth analyses from experts on the Office of Management and Budget proposed inquiry on changing the Poverty Line and the Department of Housing and Urban Development proposed rule on eliminating access to public housing for"mixed status" immigrant families.
- Receive resources including sample comments for faith communities to oppose these rules.
- Watch the webinar recording
- Download the Powerpoint Slides to find additional resources, sample comments for providing a public comment on proposed rule changes, and tips on submitting comments.
- As a reminder the comment deadlines are:
- OMB Poverty Measure Proposal: Comment deadline is this Friday, June 21 - For more information on the OMB proposal and to submit comments visit the Coalition on Human Needs portal.
- HUD Mixed Status Proposed Rule: Comment deadline Tuesday, July 9 - For more information and to submit a comment through their portal on the HUD “mixed status” rule please visit keepfamilies-together.org