- Environment & Energy
A Religious Perspective on Carbon Pricing
July 31, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. EDT | Webinar
As the impacts of climate change continue to worsen, Congress is stepping up its consideration of policies that will address our contribution to climate change and support communities suffering its effects. This webinar, featuring Emily Wirzba, FCNL’s Legislative Representative for Sustainable Energy & Environment, will provide a faith-based perspective on one such proposal: carbon pricing.
Join us for an overview of the goals of carbon pricing and how it works; how faith communities are engaging with carbon pricing; the specific questions that religious organizations are using to evaluate carbon pricing legislation; and an overview of the current bills in Congress.
Note: Participation is limited to 100 live viewers. The session will be recorded and made available.
Moderated by: Shantha Ready Alonso, Creation Justice Ministries
- Cassandra Carmichael, National Religious Partnership for the Environment
- Emily Wirzba, Friends Committee on National Legislation
- Rebecca Eastwood, Columban Center for Advocacy and Outreach
- Christian Brooks, Presbyterian Church USA
- Mirele Goldsmith, Jewish Earth Action
Sponsored by the Washington Interreligious Staff Community’s Energy and Ecology Working Group.