The Success of the Iran Nuclear Deal & Preventing War with Iran
August 8, 2017 in Medford, OR
Join FCNL's Kate Gould for a conversation on the Iran nuclear deal, two years after the deal was reached.
2017 Observance of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in the Rogue Valley
Kate Gould on the Iran Deal
Download the offical flyer
3 pm to 4 pm, August 8
Large Community Room
205 S Central Ave
Medford, OR 97501
This event is free and open to the public.
For 32 years, Rogue Valley has commemorated the nuclear bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Local peace and justice organizations and area congregations, this year under the leadership of South Mountain Friends Meeting, have organized a week of commemorative activities, which include this event held at Medford Public Library.
FCNL's Kate Gould will begin the afternoon discussing the success of the Iran nuclear deal and how to protect the agreement and prevent war with Iran. Other presentations on the dangers of nuclear weapons and what can be done to press for peace afterwards.
See Peace House's calendar for the full list of community activities, offering people to chance to supporting peace and a new pathway toward the abolition of nuclear weapons.
August 8th Event at Medford Library
- 3 pm Talk: "Preventing War with Iran" with Kate Gould, FCNL, Washington D.C.
- 4 pm Film: "Nuclear Requiem"
- 5 pm Short video clips on nuclear weapons
- 6 pm Finger foods & conversation
- 7 pm Talk: "Banning Nukes – First Step to Abolition?" by Dr. Michael Niemann, Professor, International Studies at SOU
- 8 pm "Golden Rule Sails Again", Allen Hallmark, Veterans for Peace