- Work with FCNL
The Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL), a nonpartisan Quaker lobby based in Washington, DC, is seeking a Systems Administrator to provide user support for all aspects of our continuously adapting technology platform. The Systems Administrator will manage the maintenance, support and replacement of all servers, computers and laptops, data storage hardware, and audiovisual and telephony equipment and will work to resolve connectivity and equipment issues with staff who manage functions which rely on these tools.
Reporting to the Associate Executive Secretary for Finance, Administration & Buildings, the Systems Administrator will be responsible for supporting and maintaining a robust and constantly changing technical environment. This person will provide technical support to users in an efficient and accurate manner. The Administrator will resolve technical issues and provide support for FCNL staff and visitors while maintaining the highest standards of customer service.
FCNL works for social justice, peace, and stewardship of the environment. Since 1943, FCNL has brought Quaker values to bear on national policy through congressional testimony, Capitol Hill visits, media outreach, grassroots lobbying and long‐term campaigns. We accomplish this work through focused legislative campaigns, educational activities, publications, email and social media and a robust web site, among other tools. FCNL witnesses from a basis of spiritual and ethical purpose and seeks to change government policy and practice for the better.
FCNL is growing. In the last decade, tens of thousands of new people have been drawn to join the FCNL network to learn more about federal policy issues, lobby their elected representatives and help to rebuild our democratic system. Today, our nationwide network of some 60,000 includes people from many different faiths and backgrounds. FCNL is governed by a General Committee of about 190 people, who are members of the Religious Society of Friends. This committee meets annually.
FCNL offices are located on Capitol Hill, directly across from the Hart Senate Office Building. In addition to our office at 245 2nd^ Street, NE, we own a building adjacent to this building at 205 C Street. The building houses our Quaker Welcome Center, in which we have an active programming component making use of a robust audiovisual installation. Finally, we have a leased space at 518 C Street which is integrated with our technical installations at 245 2nd^ Street. We currently have a staff of 43. We take joy in having a multitude of voices and talents working together to strengthen our impact in the world. In keeping with our Quaker testimony of equality, we strive to be an organization that welcomes, values, and respects the diverse perspectives of the people who work here.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
- Serve as first point of contact to end users for full range of organization technology installations, including laptop and workstations, software and communication applications, audiovisual equipment and telephone systems in three separate locations on Capitol Hill
- Participate in FCNL Data Decision Group, which guides our technology strategy. Coordinate projects with our external technology consultants as required.
- Manage all workstation setup, including computer, phone, and peripherals.
- Deploy all workstation software, and monitor and deploy critical updates.
- Manage VoIP phone system, including user administration.
- Perform workstation security audits and maintenance.
- Support VPN/network support functions and ensure that backups are timely and secure.
- Oversee all IT hardware inventory and make purchases for new equipment.
- Manage connectivity with multiple cloud software platforms and user administration for same.
- Manage maintenance, set up and user training for Audio Visual equipment
- Coordinate service and maintenance for IT equipment.
- Train staff on using equipment, software, and security best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and attributes
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems for a busy and growing organization.
- Understanding of Windows-based networks in an office environment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Intermediate knowledge of MacOS Operating system.
- Intermediate knowledge of iOS and Android mobile operating systems.
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office and Adobe productivity software.
- Experience with HTML, and/or website development a plus.
- Experience with Freshdesk or similar integrated customer support software.
- Experience with SQL and/or database management a plus.
- Experience with a full range of audio visual programs and equipment.
- Knowledge of communication applications, including Zoom, Skype, etc.
- Self-starter who can work autonomously, as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an appreciation of the need for responsiveness.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years working in a technical, help desk, or information services position. Experience in non-profit or education industry helpful.
Compensation and Work Expectations
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position, based on a 37.5 hour work week. The position is an on-call position so additional time may be spent dealing with after-hour emergencies. Some compensatory time will balance evening and weekend work. Benefits include health and dental insurance; disability insurance; life insurance; paid holidays; vacation; sick leave; maternity/paternity leave; and a generous retirement plan.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. (Only electronic submissions will be accepted)
FCNL seeks to create a diverse workplace. We are actively soliciting applicants from different ethnic, racial, and religious backgrounds.