- Work with FCNL
Senior Manager, IT Operations
The senior manager of IT is responsible for strategic and operational management of FCNL’s technology. This is a new position that plays a pivotal role in ensuring the organizational excellence and stability of FCNL through information technology.
This position reports to the Associate Executive Secretary for Finance, Administration and Buildings (AES) and works closely with senior leadership, users, and the data and technology team to help determine the best way possible to meet the organization’s technology needs. The ideal candidate will manage the Data Systems Manager and IT Consultants and is expected to be an integral part of the FCNL culture, help enhance its current Microsoft 365 business environment and IT policies and be an important driver for transitions to and implementations of cloud based solutions.
FCNL is currently at the outset of an ambitious 5-year Strategic Plan which includes an objective of organizational sustainability focused on Information Technology. This position helps plan ways to better integrate data management systems and will guide FCNL in updating internal controls around Information Technology, training staff and monitoring the effectiveness of its technology to effectively support organizational growth.
FCNL works for social and economic justice, peace, stewardship of the environment, and good government. Since 1943, the Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) has brought Quaker values to bear on national policy through congressional testimony, Capitol Hill visits, grassroots lobbying and long-term campaigns. We accomplish this work through focused legislative campaigns, educational activities, publications, email and social media and a robust web site, among other tools. FCNL witnesses from a basis of spiritual and ethical purpose and seeks to change government policy and practice for the better.
In the last decade, tens of thousands of new people have been drawn to join the FCNL network to learn more about federal policy issues, lobby their elected representatives and help to rebuild our democratic system. Today, our nationwide network of some 60,000 includes people from many different faiths and backgrounds. Headquartered on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, FCNL is governed by a General Committee of about 190 people from across the country and employs a staff of approximately 50.
The Finance, Administration and Building team manages all financial and accounting functions, IT and Data Management functions, office services and facilities for a staff of more than 50. This team is also responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and upkeep of FCNL’s green building (the first on Capitol Hill), the Quaker Welcome Center, and the second office space located at 518 C St NE.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities
- Establish and enhance the organization’s IT policies to support its business environment and sustain overall organizational growth
- Through project management and teamwork, orchestrate implementations and upgrades to cloud-based solutions
- Oversee all IT-related operations supporting the organization’s infrastructure and networks.
- Train and inform FCNL staff and new hires of the IT environment and IT policies.
- Oversee computer rotations and equipment tracking, security audits and general helpdesk activities
- Work with the AES to maintain the departmental budget and ensure IT resources are available when needed
- Assess, develop and monitor IT systems and the management of collected data at organizational and departmental levels
- Collaborate with leadership to present recommendations and provide proposals for upgrading current software systems and new products
- Report progress of infrastructure and data integration performance to leadership
- Implement and maintain a business continuity plan and disaster recovery process
- Monitor and resolve overall security issues
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or IT related field required
- Experience leading and directing an organizational cloud strategy.
- Experience managing vendors responsible for both operations and project work.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in similar roles, a high level of technical knowledge, and experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex technical problems for a busy and growing organization
- Management of hardware rotation and Windows-based networks in an office environment
- Experience with management information systems, database management technology, migration and implementation of various IT and data systems and networks
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 Office tools and applications; other non-profit data collection software solutions is a plus
- Excellent project management, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to envision opportunities and needs, and apply technical and operational skills as needed
- Comfortable working in an office environment that reflects the Quaker testimonies of peace, equality, simplicity, and truth; and working within the Quaker process of FCNL
This is an exempt, full-time position based on a 37.5-hour average work week. Due to the nature of the position, occasional evening and weekend work is expected.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience and relation to other similarly sized non-profits in the Washington, DC market. Robust benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, generous retirement plan contribution, paid time plus holidays, parental leave, and more.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume detailing specific qualifications and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruiters please.
FCNL seeks to create a diverse workplace. We are actively soliciting applicants from all ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee is expected to perform additional tasks as directed by the supervisor.