- Advocacy Resource
Policy Change Without Representation: DC Action Steps
For DC residents, influencing policy without congressional representation can be a challenge. Here's what you can do.
- Set up a meeting with Congress for friends visiting DC, or help them schedule one in their state
- Bring FCNL's #LoveThyNeighbor materials to your meeting, church, or organization, or carry our signs at a protest
- Have thoughtful dialogues about politics with people who aren't engaged or often disagree with you
- When policies affect you personally, share your story with FCNL so we can bring it to congressional leadership (just email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Drop off postcards from friends and family from your home state to their congressional offices in DC
- Find a buddy in another state, and forward them action alerts from FCNL when it's important -- or encourage them to sign up at fcnl.org/join
Get more advocacy resources
Strengthen your advocacy with tips and how-to guides.Let's go!