Annual Meeting and Quaker Public Policy Institute 2019
November 14-17, 2019 in Washington, D.C.
Be a part of Quaker advocacy that challenges us to Love Thy Neighbor (No Exceptions) as we work together towards peace and justice. Join FCNL November 14-17, 2019 for Annual Meeting and the Quaker Public Policy Institute in Washington, D.C.
Annual Meeting Resources
Join us to:
- Lobby to advance peace and justice.
- Consider revisions and updates to FCNL’s foundational policy document, The World We Seek.
- Hear from exciting and inspiring speakers – including policy experts and faith leaders – about what you can do in the year ahead.
- Worship together and be part of a community of committed people from across the country.
Quaker advocacy has never been more important. We hope you’ll be part of it this November.
Overview of Events:
Who will be there?
- More than 400 people from across the country will join us! The gathering’s community includes both Quakers and others who share FCNL’s values and policy goals. All are welcome!
What will we lobby on?
- Each year we select a different issue, based on where your voice can make the most difference at that time. This year we will lobby our government to end its strategy of endless war. Nearly two decades of war hasn’t brought more peace. It’s time for Congress to take back its authority to oversee how and when the U.S. goes to war.
What is the meeting schedule?
- Before the meeting starts, on Wednesday November 13, Advocacy Teams will gather for an Advocacy Teams Summit. Meet other team members from across the country. Join us for this annual reunion!
- Thursday, November 14 will focus on learning about the issue you’ll be lobbying on and planning your visit with others from your area.
- Friday, November 15 is when most lobby visits will take place. Following the Quaker Public Policy Institute closing mid-afternoon, the focus of the event shifts to governance of FCNL.
- On Saturday, November 16, General Committee members will consider policy statement revisions, changes to organizational bylaws, and FCNL’s budget. Alternative programming will be available for those not participating in these business sessions.
- Sunday, November 17 includes final business sessions and gathered worship. The meeting ends at noon.
Where will the event take place? Where should I stay?
- The event will be held at the Washington Court Hotel, located at 525 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001, near Union Station.
- On Friday, we will be based out of the Lutheran Church of the Reformation, located at 212 East Capitol St NE, Washington, DC 20003
We have reserved rooms at the Washington Court Hotel under a room block, which you can access here with the code: 191113FCNL_001
Can I come just for the lobbying?
Yes! Register for the Quaker Public Policy Institute to participate just on Thursday and Friday. (If you will be at the event for the entire 4 days, please register for Annual Meeting. That registration includes the lobbying as well as Quaker business sessions, workshops, and meals on Saturday and Sunday). You can also register just for the Advocacy Teams Summit, which is free of charge.
Save the Date for Annual Meeting and Quaker Public Policy Institute 2020:
November 12-15, 2020, at the Washington Court Hotel.
Visit our FAQ page.
See answers to more questions, or contact: