2018 Blue Ridge Gathering
April 29 in Mt. Tabor, VA
Christine Ashley, Quaker Field Secretary of Friends Committee on National Legislation, presents ways that Friends meetings can work with FCNL on legislative advocacy.
Where: Blacksburg Friends Meeting, 404 Mt. Tabor, VA 24060
When: April 29, 2018, 10am - 3pm EST
FCNL's Christine Ashley will present ways for Friends and monthly meetings to lobby with FCNL, including strategies for speaking with members of Congress face-to-face. The discussion will focus on strategies relevant to Friends and meetings in western Virginia, such as lobbying Rep. Bob Goodlatte (VA-6), chair of the House Judiciary Committee and lobbying Rep. Morgan Griffith (VA-9).
Childcare will be provided, and a potluck lunch will be served.
To RSVP, contact Bob Massengill: 919-360-9964 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10:00am: Meeting for Worship and introductions
- 11:30am: Potluck - Please bring something to share
- 12:30pm: Clean-up and singing
- 1:00pm: Workshop - Christine Ashley
- 2:45pm: Closing, clean-ip, and Blue Ridge Gathering Committee meeting